Thursday, August 13, 2009

Hello from Mbale!

I've now arrived safely in Mbale and am beginning to settle into my new home. I'm sharing a house with Jennifer, one of the other schoolteachers, and (soon) Brooklyn, a Harding student who'll be interning here starting in a few weeks. The schoolhouse is on our compound, which is also walking distance from the homes of several of the missionaries.

So far I haven't done much. Jennifer and Linda, one of the missionaries, picked me up from the Entebbe airport yesterday. We ran a few errands in Kampala, the capital city, buying assorted things that aren't available in Mbale. Had dinner with most of the team, then came home and crashed. I slept 15 or 16 hours last night -- which I'm not sure I've done ever in my life -- and am still sleepy.

1 comment:

dragon134 said...

i'm glad you've arrived safely -- you must be so jetlagged! please do update as much as possible -- i'm sure you'll have many adventures!