Thursday, August 20, 2009

I think Mbale is really home now, because I have:
-had two little girls plop themselves down in my lap at church;
-made two dinners for myself and Jennifer;
-successfully lit a gas stove and gas oven;
-baked an ugly-but-tasty strawberry cake that only sort of followed the recipe;
-and shared said ugly-but-tasty cake with assorted friends.



So yes, I am doing well here. Today I'll be going to youth group at the church, and then next Tuesday school starts.

Mbale is beautiful. I need to post pictures eventually, but I'm afraid that may have to wait awhile -- the internet is down at my house, so I'm borrowing from one of the other missionaries right now. So if I'm a bit slow responding to emails and such, that's why. But I'll write again when I can.

1 comment:

Grandmother Jeanie said...

"Ugly but tasty" is usually the best kind of cake. Glad you're getting to exercise your growing talent for cooking. And glad you're settling in happily. I'll be interested in seeing pictures when you get "a round tuit." Love you, Grandmother Jeanie